Mushrooms are very low in saturated fats , sodium and cholesterol and are good source of dietary fiber and Potassium .In addition, white button mushroom extract has been found to reduce the size of some cancer tumors and slow down the production of some cancer cells. It is most prominently linked to reducing the risk of breast and prostate cancer.
For those who are always looking for nutritious weight loss foods to pack into our diets, mushrooms are a less well-known option.Like watermelon, they are very high in water content (80 to 90% water) and fiber which makes them a great diet food!
This is one of my all time favourite Mushroom recipe that can be made in a jiffy..
Ingredients [SERVES 2]
Button Mushrooms – 200 gms
Onion ( chopped ) – 1
Ginger garlic Paste – 1 tsp (optional)
Cumin – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – a few
Pepper powder / Ground pepper – 2 tsp
Oil – 2 to 3 Tblsp
Salt – as needed
Grind Together :
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Cashews – 5
Saunf / Anise – 1 tsp
- Wash and chop the mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the cumin seeds and the curry leaves.Let it splutter.
- Add the chopped onion and saute till the onion turns translusent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, the ground paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the mushrooms, pepper powder and salt.Cook until the mushrooms become tender.
Serve with rotis or steamed rice