Mushrooms are very low in saturated fats, sodium and cholesterol and are good source of dietary fiber and Potassium. In addition, white button mushroom extract has been found to reduce the size of some cancer tumors and slow down the production of some cancer cells. It is most prominently linked to reducing the risk of breast and prostate cancer.
For those who are always looking for nutritious weight loss foods to pack into our diets, mushrooms are a less well-known option. Like watermelon, they are very high in water content (80 to 90% water) and fiber which makes them a great diet food!
I try to include Mushrooms twice a week at least.. I prepare a variety of dishes with it. Okie.. lets jump on to Today’s Recipe.. the easiest mushroom curry ever..
White button Mushrooms – 200 gms (chopped or cut )
Potato – 1 (large) Boiled and cut
Onion – 2 (chopped)
Tomato – 3 (chopped)
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Saunf/aniseed – 1/2 tsp
Garlic- 5 to 6 flakes (crushed)
curry leaves- few
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Soy sauce- 1 tsp
Oil – 2 TBsp
Water – 1/2 cup
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the cinnamon stick , saunf and curry leaves.Let it crackle.
2. Add the crushed garlic and the onions. Saute until the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add the chopped tomato cook for 2 mins.
4. Add the chopped mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
5. Add the chilli power, coriander powder, water, salt and cover with lid for 2 to 3 mins.
6. Mix in the cooked potato and the soy sauce. Mix well.