Biryani is often seen as a difficult and time consuming dish.. Not at all !! That’s not at all true. Try this recipe and you will know how simple that is!! Enjoy..
Long Grained Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 ( Finely chopped )
Carrots – 2 ( cut into long pieces )
Peas – 1/4 cup
Mint Leaves – 1/2 cup
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
BayLeaf – 2
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Clove – 2
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 TBLSP
Ghee – 1 TBLSP
To Grind :
Shallots – 7 to 10
Tomato – 2 ( Medium sized )
Green Chilli – 2 to 3
Cashew nuts 6 (optional)
Saunf / Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Wash the rice and soak it for 10 to 15 mins. Grind the above ingredients together and keep aside.
- In a pressure pan / cooker, heat the oil and ghee.
- Add the Bay Leaf, Cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the finely chopped onion and cook till it becomes translucent.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, the ground paste and the mint leaves.
- Cook for 2 to 3 mins .
- Add the soaked rice, peas and the carrots and saute until u get a nice nutty flavour.
- At this point add the lemon juice, coconut milk, water and salt. Close the pressure cooker.
- Let this cook till one whistle in medium flame and after that keep it in a very low flame for 5 to 7 minutes. The Biryani will be ready.
- Serve hot with Onion raitha or Potato fry.