Vegetable fritters are perfect ,comforting ,tea time snack which I crave whenever I want to enjoy monsoon weather. Here is my perfect recipe. Try it out. You can use any vegetables of your choice or you can just use one.
Besan Flour / Chickpea flour – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 3/4 cup
Maida / All purpose flour – 4 Tbsp
Vegetables (Onion , capsicum ,carrots) – 4 cups altogether
Hing / Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste (optional) – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
White vinegar / Lemon juice (optional)- 2 tsp
Salt – as needed
Oil/melted ghee – 3 Tbsp
Water – 3 to 4 Tbsp
Orange Red food colour (optional)
Oil for frying
- Heat oil for frying.In the mean time ,wash and slice all the vegetables lengthwise.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the veggies into the batter.The batter will be thick enough to coat the veggies (see pic B)
- Once the oil is hot ,drop a little batter into it.if the batter rises to the top immediately , the oil is hot enough.
- Drop the veggie batter into the oil as if sprinkling.
- Don’t drop too much of batter into the pan.There should be some space for the fritters to move around.
- Stir occasionally for even frying.Let them turn crisp and golden brown.
- Remove and serve hot with Tomato ketchup or Coconut chutney and with a cup of coffee or tea