Mushroom Pakora / Mushroom Bajji
Button Mushrooms – 20 to 25 nos
Oil – to deep Fry
For the Batter :
Gram flour – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 2 Tbsp
All Purpose Flour ( Maida ) – 2 Tbsp
Corn Flour – 1 Tbsp
Tomato Ketchup – 1Tbsp
Vinegar or Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp
Hing ( asafoetida ) – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder or Pepper powder – 1 to 2 tsp
Orange Food Colour – as needed
Cooking Soda – a fat pinch
Salt – to taste
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Clean the mushrooms and place them in a seperate bowl. Cut them vertically into 2 pieces.
- For the batter, combine all the ingredients. Add water and make it to a thick paste. The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to coat the mushrooms.
- Dip each mushroom piece, turn to coat well on all the sides.
- Carefully transfer it to the preheated oil. Turn over to cook well on both sides till golden brown and place them on absorbent paper.
- Serve them hot with Coconut Chutney or Tomato Ketchup.