Savoury Pineapple and Capsicum Muffins ( Indian Style )
Savoury muffins are something which are deliciously different. They are great for lunch boxes, busy weekday breakfast or to enjoy with a hot soup.
Here is my Indian style recipe for savoury pineapple and capsicum muffins.
Dry ingredients :
All purpose flour – 2 cups
baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 to 1 1/2 tsp
Aniseed Powder / Fennel seed Powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp ( optional )
Wet ingredients :
Milk – 300 ml
Eggs – 2 or Egg replacer
Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
Melted Butter – 1 tbsp
Extra ingredients :
Capsicum ( finely chopped ) – 1/2 cup
Onion ( finely chopped ) – 1/2 cup
Pineapple ( crushed and drained ) – 1/2 cup
Mushrooms ( finely sliced ) – 1/4 cup
For topping :
Mozzarella cheese ( grated ) – 1/2 cup
- Preheat your oven to 190º C. Grease your muffin pan and keep it ready.
- Sift dry ingredients in one bowl and mix the wet ingredients in another. The wet mix should be well combined.
- Add your extra ingredients to the wet mix and stir until mixed through.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir with a spoon or spatula. Mix briefly and avoid beating it, its preferable to have no huge lumps at all, but a few little lumps are fine.
- If the mix be too stiff, add an extra splash of milk. It will be thick, but it should not resemble a dough.
- Spoon the batter into the pans evenly. They should be 2/3rd full.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cooked & golden.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Serve warm.