Sago Wheat Crepes / Sago Wheat Dosa / Godhuma Rava dosa Recipe
Another delicious mouthwatering culinary delight straight from my kitchen. This is an instant dosa recipe which, am sure, would become one of your all time favourites.
Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Sago / Sooji / Rava – 1/2 cup
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Curd – 1/4 cup
Hing / Asafoetida – a fat pinch
Cilantro / coriander leaves ( chopped ) – 1 tbsp ( optional )
Curry Leaves – a few ( optional )
Onion – 1 ( finely chopped )
Salt – to taste
Water – 3 to 3/2 cups approx
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except chopped onions. Add water little at a time. Make sure there are no lumps. Let it sit for 10 mins.
- Heat a skillet or dosa pan. To check if the skillet is hot enough, sprinkle a few drops of water over the skillet. The water should sizzle. Wipe the skillet with few drops of oil.
- Check the consistency of the batter. It should be like the consistency of Buttermilk.
- Take a ladle full of batter, pour it starting from the outside ( periphery ) finishing in the centre, filling in the gaps later.
- Sprinkle some chopped onions immediately.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil around the dosa.
- Cover it with a lid so that both the sides gets cooked and you don’t have to flip over the dosa. Let it cook for 3 to 4 mins on medium high until it turns golden brown.
- Crispy, delicious Sago Wheat dosa is ready to serve.
Here is how you should pour the batter on the skillet or dosa pan.