Tangy Paneer 65 / Tangy Indian Cottage Cheese Fry
Paneer, a special favourite with north indians, is known as indian cottage cheese. Almost all the kids love to eat the dishes made with paneer. Its rich in protein.
Here is my favourite recipe for making delicious , crispy paneer 65. Whenever i make this snack , there is hardly anything left for the elders at our home 🙂 .
Paneer / cottage cheese cubes – 200 gms
Onion – 1 ( finely sliced )
Curry leaves – a sprig
Turmeric Powder – a pinch ( optional )
Salt – 2 pinches
Oil – to deep fry
For the Marinade :
All purpose flour / Maida – 3 Tbsp
Corn Flour – 3 Tbsp
Rice Flour – 1 Tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder or Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup or Tomato sauce – 1 Tbsp
Plain yogurt or Curd – 2 Tbsp
Salt – 3/4 tsp to 1 tsp
Water – 6 to 7 Tbsp approx
Orange Red food Colour / Tomato red food colour – a fat pinch ( optional )
- Combine all the ingredients under ‘For The Marinade‘ and make a medium thick paste. The paste should be thick enough to coat the paneer cubes. Add the paneer Cubes . Let it sit for 20 to 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the Paneer Cubes in small batches, till they turn crispy.
- Drain them and place them on an absorbent paper.
- In a shallow pan heat 2 teaspoon of oil. Add the curry leaves , onions , turmeric and 2 pinches of salt.
- Saute for 2 to 3 mins or till the onions become translucent.
- Add the Fried paneer cubes and fry for 2 mins. Remove from heat..
- Serve hot with Tomato ketchup.
Serving Tips :
Serve it as a starter or an accompaniment with meals.
You can also serve it as a delicious evening snack.
You can add Capsicums with the onions to make it more colourful and tasty.
Reduce the quantity of chilli powder if you are preparing it for the kids
You can also substitute yogurt with 2 teaspoons of white vinegar.